Friday, August 21, 2009

creating this blog

I recently finished publishing a "retirement journal" in my magazine "Steel Shavings," which deals with the social history of Northwest Indiana, and found that I suddenly had more time on my hands than I knew what to do with. I saw the movie "Julie & Julia," where a young woman played by Amy Adams starts a blog having to do with cooking from Julia Child recipes and thought it a good idea. Also my old high school friend Phil Arnold has a blog about Elvis Presley that has achieved some fame. Hopefully this blog will allow my to disseminate information about the history of Northwest Indiana, including my own research. In addition to personal experiences, my retirement journal included book reviews I wrote in 2008 for "Choice" and "Magill's Literary Annual" as well as excerpts from articles of mine about women steelworkers (for TRACES magazine) and former Gary Mayor Richard G. Hatcher (for The Encyclopedia of Urban History).

No comments:

Post a Comment